It's time to delight your belly with a Lemon Bar Cheesecake. What more could you want out of life, right? It's easy to make and Mom will absolutely love it, and I'm sure you will too.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
2 egg yolks
1 to 2 tbsp ice-cold water
4 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups Quick and Easy Lemon curd, divided
Candied Lemon Slices (optional)
1. Pulse first 3 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until blended. Add butter, and pulse 5 or 6 times or util crumbly. Whisk together egg yolks and 1 tbsp ice-cold water in a small bowl; add to butter mixture, and process until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Add up to 1 tbsp remaining ice-cold water, 1 tsp. at a time, if necessary. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
2. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a lightly greased 9-inch dark springform pan, gently pressing on bottom and up sides of pan; trim and discards excess dough. Chill 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325F. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. Pour 2/3 of cheesecake battery (about 4 cups) into prepared crust; dollop 1 cup lemon curd over batter in pan and gently swirl with a knife. Spoon the remaining batter into pan.
5. Bake at 325F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or just until center is set. Turn oven off and let cheesecake stand in oven with door closed for 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen the sides from the pan. (Do not remove sides of pan). Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack for about 1 hour. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours.
Your family will absolutely love this recipe and ask you to make it time and time again. Who knows, it might just be your new go-to dessert for all holidays and occasions!
*Recipe taken from MyRecipes.com*