Animals are something I care immensely about. I will not tolerate any cruelty to animals whatsoever. I also wish I could adopt and rescue every pet in the world, but unfortunately I can't (and my landlord wouldn't let me either, haha.) I feel very strongly in taking a stand to make sure that animals from shelters are placed in good homes and taken care of to the fullest.
National Pet Week (May 1-7) is underway! And in celebration, The Hartz Mountain Corporation is releasing its first-ever Hartz Pet Trend Report. Hartz polled pet parents to better understand what they think about pet topics and gain insight into their relationships with their pets -- and found that pet parents had a lot to say. The first report revealed that pet parents are four times as likely to say they’ll rescue a pet before going to a breeder or pet store. Here’s more..
Pet owners favor rescue societies. More than half of pet owners (60 percent) surveyed say they’d prefer to get their next pet from a rescue society. A majority of pet owners agree that pet stores are “out of favor,” with a mere four percent saying that’s where they prefer to go to find their next pet.
Personality, not pedigree, matters most. Two-thirds of pet owners (65 percent) surveyed say “personality” is the most important characteristic of a pet. And almost all pet owners (98 percent) say they look beyond pedigree or physical appearance.
A pet’s life is a life worth saving. What is the role of pets in American life? Nearly half of pet owners (47 percent) surveyed say their pet is like a child to them. And two out of five (42 percent) say they would compare their pet to a good friend.
With 8-10 million cats and dogs entering shelters each year, there is a great need for pet adoption. To help bring much needed resources to these animals, Hartz will be donating products to 45 animal shelters nationwide in honor of National Pet Week.
To celebrate National Pet Week, Hartz wants to offer an awesome gift basket of products that your pet will go crazy for!
The basket includes:
Home Protection Training Pads, Crunch ‘n Clean Biscuits, DuraPlay Bone, Nodor Litter Spray, Crunch ‘n Clean Cat Treats, and Midnight Crazies.
1. I will be picking ONE (1) winner for this contest. One winner will win a gift basket of pet items from Hartz.
YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED!
2. Please tell me if your pet came from a shelter or a rescue organization. (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to Sammi's Blog of Life in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow me on Blogger. (1 entry)
5. Follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/pinkice88) (1 entry)
6. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) (You can do this daily)
7. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you've blogged about this.
9. Add my main button to your sidebar (if it's already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
9. Add Sammi's Blog of Life to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
10. Friend me on Facebook for 1 entry.
Winner will be chosen on May 11th, 2011 at 10 pm and then will be emailed.
One entry per day.
Alternate winner will be chosen if winner does not respond after 48 hours. Thank you and good luck!
I was provided a product in exchange for my review.
You can read more about my blog policies in my disclaimer.
Sammi's Blog Of Life Follows All New FTC & Facebook Laws for Reviews & Giveaways.
IF YOU DO NOT CORRECTLY ANSWER MY CONTEST QUESTION, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED.