1 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup water
2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced plus more for serving.
2-3 tablespoons of loose leaf black tea (3-4 tea bags) depending on how strong you prefer it
8 cups filtered water
1. Bring sugar, water and peaches to a boil in a small saucepan. Then lower heat and use a wooden spoon to stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor.
2. Once the sugar is dissolved, cover, remove from heat and let steep for 25-30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, brew your tea using either a large pot or a tea marker. Use less tea if you prefer it weaker, or more tea if you prefer it stronger. Try not to let it steep longer than 4-5 minutes or it can get bitter.
4. Once brewed, remove tea bags or strain out loose leaf tea and transfer to a pitcher. Chill in the fridge.
5. Once your simple syrup is finished, pour into a bottle or a container over a fine mesh strainer to strain out peaches. You can reserve the peaches for later use.
6. To serve, either set out the simple syrup and add as much to the tea as you like, or add all of the simple syrup to the tea and stir. Serve tea over ice and fresh sliced peaches.
Your belly will absolutely love this tea. It's icy cold, perfectly peachy, and everything you could want. It's ideal for parties and BBQ's. Your guests will request that you make this all summer long!
*Recipe taken from Minimalist Baker*