I'm a firm believer in giving thoughtful and meaningful gifts. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to receive a gift card or a pair of earrings too, but I always love gifts that are sentimental. You might not keep that bracelet for your 18th birthday forever, but you'll always keep and remember the scrapbook that your best friend made for you.
Image 3D is a company that creates personalized and custom view-master style reels and viewers with your own photos! The process is simple, you upload your images, and then edit/crop and add 3D captions. Remember having a view master as a child? Now you can have your own memories on the reel, instead of a Disney or cartoon themed reel!
When I had the opportunity to review my very own reel, I was very excited. The first thing that popped into my head was to create a reel of pictures of my boyfriend and I for him. He shares my love of sentimental gifts and I knew he would love it.
The process to create was very simple. I watched the informational tutorial to get an idea of how to create the reel online. You drag and drop pictures into the desired frame and then add captions as you see fit. The hardest part was figuring out what pictures to choose for the reel, and in what order they would go in.
Not too long afterwards, my view master reel arrived in the mail. I didn't open the package, but waited for my boyfriend to open it since it was for him. Once I explained what the gift was after he opened the box, he thought it was incredibly cool and very unique! The viewer that we received was red and it looked just like the classic view master. The black round reel was full of the pictures that I selected, and in the center "Sammi and Jay's Reel" was written.
He hadn't seen a lot of the pictures that I chose in a while. With each click of the lever, another memory flooded in and we had fun talking about the trip or place each picture was from. I tried to choose significant pictures like our first picture taken together, first trip together, etc. He really enjoyed looking at the pictures and thought it was a very thoughtful gift. I enjoyed seeing him appreciate the gift.
What's amazing to me is that full-sized pictures submitted through a website can be turned into small little clips that can be viewed inside the viewer. Whatever technology used to create this is amazing.
This is what my reel looked like:
When you view the pictures inside the reel they are very clear and the colors are vivid and bright. It's like looking at the pictures on the computer, but in a much smaller format.
You can create your own custom reel for so many different occasions. A birthday party, a vacation, a new baby, a wedding/anniversary, any sort of celebration, and practically anything else. It's a wonderfully unique and thoughtful gift that will be treasured by anyone for years to come.
1. I will be picking ONE (1) winner for this contest. One winner will win a custom viewer and reel of their creation from Image 3D.
YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED!
2. Please tell me what special event or occasion you'd use to create your own viewer with. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
4. Subscribe to Sammi's Blog of Life in a Reader (1 entry)
5. Follow me on Blogger. (1 entry)
6. Follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/pinkice88) (1 entry)
7. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) (You can do this daily)
8. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you've blogged about this.
9. Add my main button to your sidebar (if it's already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
10. Add Sammi's Blog of Life to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
11. Become a fan of my Facebook fan page for 1 entry (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sammis-Blog-of-Life/307593407356)
12. Like Image 3D on Facebook for 1 entry
13. Follow Image 3D on Twitter for 1 entry
Winner will be chosen on August 3rd, 2012 at 10 pm and then will be emailed.
One entry per day.
Alternate winner will be chosen if winner does not respond after 48 hours. Thank you and good luck!
I was provided a product in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are strictly mine and not based on anything else.
You can read more about my blog policies in my disclaimer.
Sammi's Blog Of Life Follows All New FTC & Facebook Laws for Reviews & Giveaways.
IF YOU DO NOT CORRECTLY ANSWER MY CONTEST QUESTION, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED.