When I think of Ferrero Rocher, the holidays instantly come to mind. They are notorious for being a holiday treat and they are a delicious candy that brings families together.
Ferrero Rocher is a spherical chocolate made by Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA, the producer of Tic Tac and Nutella. The chocolates consist of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts and walnuts. The candies are individually packaged inside a gold-colored wrapper. Rocher comes from French and means "rock".
I was sent a beautiful 24 piece box of candies. I love that each section of the candy is in a different colored wrapper, it's so festive. The box that I reviewed is on top of the box with the yellow bow. Isn't that Ferrero tree gorgeous too?
These candies are heavenly. When you bite into them, you get a taste of the crunchy chocolate outside. The chocolate is fresh and rich and just excellent. The crunch of the hazelnuts is addictive and leaves you wanting more. The hazelnuts themselves have a great nutty flavor. The next taste you discover is the thin wafer shell followed by the hazelnut cream which is luscious and melt in your mouth delicious. The cream is sweet and smooth and beyond description. I love crunchy candies so the big crunch that this candy provides is outstanding! Ferrero does a great job of making sure that each taste of the candy is balanced and doesn't all mesh together when you eat it. Each part of the candy has its own distinct flavor that is recognizable once eaten. I highly recommend these candies as they are truly fabulous.
These candies would be perfect to serve on your coffee table for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner.
Ferrero Rocher actually hosted an event on December 6, where Olympic figure-skating gold medalist Evan Lysacek unveiled his debut designed gown for charity. Mentor and supporting friend, Vera Wang was in attendance as well. The gown and autographed skates are up for auction to bid on and win in December, also benefitting Habitat for Humanity. It would be great if you guys could help spread the word about the auction and gown since it will be auctioned off with all proceeds benefitting Habitat! The auction runs through December 18th. The ebay auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220708571484
This is the gown and skates for auction:
I will be picking ONE (1) winner who will win a 24 piece box of chocolates from Ferrero Rocher.
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please tell me why you would like to win this box of candy. (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to Sammi's Blog of Life in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow me on Blogger (1 entry)
5. Follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/pinkice88) (1 entry)
6. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) (You can do this daily)
7. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you've blogged about this.
9. Add my main button to your sidebar (if it's already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
9. Add Sammi's Blog of Life to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
10. Follow me on Facebook for 1 entry.
Winner will be chosen on December 20 (just in time for Christmas!), 2010 at 10 pm and then will be emailed.
One entry per day.
Alternate winner will be chosen if winner does not respond after 48 hours. Thank you and good luck!
I was provided a product in exchange for my review.
You can read more about my blog policies in my disclaimer.
Sammi's Blog Of Life Follows All New FTC & Facebook Laws for Reviews & Giveaways.
IF YOU DO NOT CORRECTLY ANSWER MY CONTEST QUESTION, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED.